A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
Do you believe other people associate a good quality to you when your name is mentioned? I cannot help but think we all want some quality of goodness in our lives. We want our children to be good. We want a good job. We want to live next door to good people. We want to eat good food. We want good elders, a good preacher, and to be part of a good church. Why not give consideration to the following in order to have a good life?
- Understand only One is good - God (Psalm 34:8; Luke 19:18).
- Develop an honest and good heart (Luke 8:15).
- Let the goodness of God destroy pride and forever give you a penitent heart (Romans 2:4).
- Transform your life with the instructions of “the good and acceptable and perfect will of God” (Romans 12:2).
- Strengthen your grip on heaven by following, cleaving, and holding fast to “that which is good” (Romans 12:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:15,21).
- Avoid corruption of good morals by evil companions (1 Corinthians 15:33).
- Never yield to the world. Improve your surroundings in this world and overcome it with good (Romans 12:21).
- Encourage others to do good works (Hebrews 10:24).
- Remember, good people do not just happen. They are ordered by the Lord (Psalm 37:23).
- If you know to do good - DO IT! (James 4:17; 1 Peter 3:11).