What Do I Need To Teach My Children?
Reverence in Worship
- Help them to understand who God is (John 4:23,24).
- Worship is not a place to dump out a toy box or a romper room.
- Teach them the joyful spirit of worship (Psalm 100).
Seek First God’s Righteousness and His Kingdom
- Teach the importance of being on God’s team versus a secular team (1 Timothy 4:8).
- Show him an example of one loving the Lord with his all (Matthew 22:37).
- Instill in your child the eternal benefits of godly living in the church (2 Peter 1:5-11).
Respect for Authority
- “Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right” (Ephesians 6:1).
- “Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers” (Romans 13:1,4).
- “We ought to obey God rather than man” (Acts 5:29).
Strength and Character
- “But flee youthful lusts, and follow after righteousness, faith, love, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart” (2 Timothy 2:22).