How Do You Keep Your Faith Alive (2)
your faith alive depends on the depth of your relationship with God…
There is a big difference in knowing God exists and knowing who He is and what He does. We can know God the Creator as “the God that made the world and all things therein…” (Acts 17:24). But we need to “know though the God of they father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind…if thou seek him, he will be found of thee” (1 Chronicles 28:9). The difference in knowing about Him and knowing Him is the difference in having facts versus having a life-changing relationship (Ephesians 4:6). To deepen your relationship with God, you need to know who God IS…
- God is love (1 John 4:8).
- God is light (1 John 1:5).
- God is faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9).
- God is our refuge and strength (Psalm 46:1).
- God is King of all the earth (Psalm 47:7).
- God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34).
- God is a Spirit (John 4:24).
- God is true (2 Corinthians 1:18).
- God is able (Romans 14:4).
God is NOT “the god of the church building”! If that is the depth of your faith, you will fall away fast. Do not know God by name only. Know Him by who He IS. It helps your relationship with God so much if you are “walking with” Him as Enoch did (Genesis 5:24).