What Hides The Gospel?
- The gospel itself. Its message is foolishness to those who are perishing and seek for signs (1 Corinthians 1:18,22,23).
- Confusion over the covenants. Jewish teachers attempted to combine Christ’s teaching and the old covenant. A veil will remain as they continually hold to the Old Testament (2 Corinthians 3:15-18).
- Discouragement. Paul did not let opposition discourage his efforts to spread the gospel (2 Corinthians 4:1).
- Dishonesty. Deceitful handling of God’s word leaves hearers in spiritual darkness (2 Corinthians 4:2).
- Blindness. There is none so blind as he who will not see. Satan, the god of this world, receives worship from those devoted to darkness (2 Corinthians 4:4).
- Preaching ourselves. Preachers and teachers will try to impress an audience with their brilliance or oratory. Does your preaching and teaching lead your audience to praise God or you (2 Corinthians 4:5)?